- When did you start writing?
- Name three authors that influenced your desire to begin writing.
- What is your earliest memory of reading?
- What are the last five books you’ve read?
- Have you ever met any of your favorite authors?
- How would you describe your writing in one word?
- Do you feel you write in a way similar to your influences?
- Do you have any academic background?
- How often do you write?
- What is your goal in writing?
1. Junior year in dipshit prep school
2. JD Salinger, Ernest Hemingway, Roald Dahl
3. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
4. Non-fiction by Neal Stephenson and David Foster Wallace, Zero History by William Gibson, Anathem by Neal Stephenson, other stuff for my classes.
5. Yes. I have met Neal Stephenson; he’s a nice man, very introverted.
7. No. They are good, I am shit.
8. Too much. 3 advanced degrees.
9. Every day, maybe not on the page, but mentally, every gd day.
10. To not be shit.