Further reaction to Comic Sans:
Got an essay submitted in Comic Sans 14.
Let’s Go BRUINS!
- got my old quizzes and discussion boards graded/responded to
- got new quizzes and discussion boards up
- got new paper assignments up
Now all I need to do is grade ~50 papers. Tonight, tomorrow, and Wednesday.
Blackboard should have to go bird hunting in Michigan with the guys from Chevy like Ken Cosgrove.
I’m not saying I favor violence or murder, but bad things should happen to Blackboard.
Blackboard is the devil.
And Blackboard just ate an entire hour’s worth of work. A whole series of discussion questions and observations on Booker T. Washington … gone.
HATE YOU SO MUCH Blackboard.
I think it is safe to say that Journey is the shittiest somewhat popular band in the history of rock and roll.
words don’t do justice to how much I hate Journey.
These are from high school kids. About 300K of them, each writing 3 essays—or they are supposed to. Some doodle, write letters, do nothing.
I don’t have to read to so many, I’m just a fast reader. There were people at my table who read under 1000.
It’s about 60% high school teachers, 40% college professors.
Ye gods but I’m tired.
After spending last week reading ~1810 AP English essays, I have to:
1. Read sections of “Up From Slavery,” “The Souls of Black Folk” and some Ida B. Wells. This is not a bad thing.
2. Finish my discussion boards of said readings. Not a great thing.
3. Grade and comment on (that’s the killer) some 50 student essays.
4. Grade ~50 quizzes.
In the next three days. I am so screwed.
Ask me something to get my mind off this crazy train?
Not for nothing, but I’ve seen hashtags in AP exams this week. As in #yolo.
Iweepforthefuture dot gif
287 today, 1667 total. Pretty sure I’ve beaten last year.
Revised total from Tuesday—321. Today’s total: 305. Total for the week: 1380.
Tonight: A few Guinnesses.